Cribbs: Future with Browns 'unlikely'

cleveland_browns
cleveland_browns


Wide receiver Josh Cribbs has cleaned out his locker a day after his agent told ESPN.com the Cleveland Browns were "insulting" his client with low-ball offers.
Cribbs said it's "unlikely" that he'll play again for the Browns.

"I did all the playing I'm going to play on this contract," Cribbs said on Thursday. "I ain't doing nothing, I'm not showing my face until it's right."

Cribbs has three years remaining on a six-year $6.77 million deal. Cribbs made a base salary of $900,000 this past season. Cleveland offered to raise his annual salary to $1.4 million over the final three years of his contract, Cribbs' agent Peter Schaffer said.

Cribbs, who is Cleveland's most popular player, is coming off the most productive season of his career. He returned three kickoffs and one punt for touchdowns, rushed for 381 yards and had 20 receptions for the Browns (5-11), who finished the season on a four-game winning streak.

On Wednesday, Cribbs was awarded Special Teams Player of the Month by the NFL.

Cribbs expressed his disappointment on his Twitter feed on Thursday: "I'm sorry guys i don't want to seem greedy but fair is fair & there is no way around it, i'm the best at what I do but paid the lowest. Hmmm."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment